Early Race Check-In @ Misery Mountain Ski Chalet Friday September 14, 2018 between
7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Race Day Check-In @ Misery Mountain Ski Chalet Saturday September 15, 2018 between
Same day registrations will open at 9:30 a.m. and will close at 11:00 a.m. sharp. Exact cash
or cheque payment of $60.00 for same day registration is required.
The first heat will start at 10:00 a.m. sharp. Participants in later heats are welcome to leave after check-in but are responsible for their own time management to return to the site.
- Only registered participants may participate in the event or attempt any obstacle.
Spectators shall remain at designated areas. Course Directors and Marshals reserve the
right to ask those unwilling to abide by rules to leave the premises.
- Racers that registered before race day or cut-off deadline will receive a bag with event t-
shirt and numbered pinny upon registration Friday or Saturday. No change to t-shirt sizes
are permitted. Please note that women’s t-shirts are a smaller fit.
- The first heat will start at 10:00 a.m. sharp Saturday September 15, 2018. Participants
racing in heats later on in the day are welcome to leave after check-in but are responsible
for their time management to return to the site 20 minutes prior to their heat start time.
- Heats will be announced 10 minutes beforehand, with race heats every 20 minutes.
- All participants must be at the designated start gate 10 minutes before their race heat, or
risk forfeiting their spot.
- Race course, obstacles and alternative options, and race etiquette will be reviewed at 9:30
a.m. by the Race Announcer.
- Individuals and Teams will race together in the same heat. Times will be posted as is,
whereas Team times will be taken as an overall average.
- All participants must wear their numbered race pinny at all times. All participants must
stay on the marked course unless directed otherwise by Course Marshals.
- We encourage participants to help out others on the course, whether racing as an
individual or team. Participants must not intentionally hinder the progress of any other
participant. Doing so is grounds for immediate disqualification by a Course Director or
- Alternative options for obstacles if a participant choses to forego are 20 jumping jacks for
Beginners or 20 burpees for Advanced Racers, whether racing as an individual or team. We highly encourage racers to challenge themselves and complete the more advanced
option. The race operates on the honour system as much as Course Marshals – hold
yourself to high standards and complete the obstacles or alternative options.
- Course Directors and Marshals exclusively reserve the right to close any obstacle for any
length of time, or disqualify and/or remove from site any participant if by observation or
report participant(s) have committed a gross breach of rule, poor manners or poor
sportsmanship, or have brought the race into disrepute.
- Medical Officials will be on site. In case of emergency, immediately notify a Course
Director, Marshal and/or Medical Official and seek attention as required.
- Burger tickets will be sold on site. Beer or other alcohol sales will be conducted inside by
the Ski Association. Participants and/or spectators must remain within the designated
areas when consuming food/beverages. Cash only at ticket sales.
- For same day race registration we do not guarantee event t-shirts, nor one in the
participant’s preferred size. We will try our best to accommodate.